APM Risk Level 1
2 DAY COURSE
Title:APM Risk Level 1
Duration:2 day Course including the APM examination
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
APM have designed the Level 1 certificate to determine an individuals knowledge of project risk management, such that they have sufficient understanding to contribute effectively within a formal project risk management process.
This course is concerned with understanding the benefits, practices, organisational and behavioural aspects / processes inherent to risk management. The course is based upon the APM BoK, APM PRAM Guide & BS6079 Parts 1 & 3.
This course is also the precursor to the higher level APM Project Risk Certificate Level 2.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of risk management
- Understand quantitative assessment techniques
- Understand the benefits and threats to effective risk management
- Understand available risk response techniques
- Describe and characterise risks in a structured qualitative format
- Understand the application and control of a risk management process
- Define risk identification techniques
- Define a project management plan in terms of content , structure and organisational responsibility
- Understand the impact of groups and individuals on the effectiveness of risk management processes.
The course duration is two days, beginning at 9:00am each day, including the APM 1 hour multiple choice examination in the afternoon of the second day.
Delegates are required to have an understanding of Project and Risk Management as covered within the APMP qualification syllabus
This course is delivered in classroom style using worked examples. It can also be delivered to teams who want to develop the first cut risk analysis of a specific project. It gives participants the opportunity to develop Best Practice solutions for their own projects based upon the APM framework. Time is included on the second day for facilitated and self-directed revision prior to the examination.