APMP Certificate - 4 Day Course and APMP Exam
4 DAY COURSE (4 day course + 2 day - Refresher & APMP Exam)
Duration:4 + 2 (4 day course + Refresher Day & APMP Exam)
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
This course will be delivered in a 4 day block followed by the refresher day and APMP exam approx two weeks later. The table below shows the course dates and the refresher and exam dates for each location.
When you book to attend this course please note you are also committing to the 2 day refresher and exam days. The cost of £2,000 + VAT covers the 4-day course, the refresher day and the APMP examination fees.
This intensive five-day course gives in-depth and comprehensive coverage of the key skills and knowledge required for effective project management as detailed in Association for Project Managements (APM's) "Body Of Knowledge".
It is delivered through a combination of facilitated lectures, practical exercises and interactive sessions, where delegates can raise their own concerns and contribute their own experiences of working on projects.
Real world examples are used to illustrate problems that may be faced in the working environment, and delegates are encouraged to draw upon their own experiences to further add to the learning experience. The topics, disciplines and enabling skills are progressively built upon and linked to the development of case studies worked on in a team environment to further delegates' personal skills.
The learning objectives of this course cover all the areas specified within the APMP Syllabus 5th edition. This will provide delegates with the ability at the level specified within the Syllabus to:
- Acquire the level of understanding needed to pass the APMP examination
- Be able to demonstrate the structure of a successful project
- Update their knowledge of project management principles and techniques
- Explain key factors in the project context that need to be taken into account
- Initiate a project and complete a business case
- Define a project strategy and produce a project management plan (PMP)
- Understand and appreciate the importance of effective planning and techniques used
- Understand the role of people in projects and how to optimise performance
- Control a project throughout implementation
- Complete the handover of project deliverables
- Conduct project closeout processes
- Support and contribute to a successful project outcome in their own working environment by performing the learning outcomes defined in the APMP Syllabus
The course is 6 days in total (4 day course, 2 day refresher and exam). The four day course is followed approximately two weeks later by the refresher day and APMP examination, giving delegates the opportunity for additional study time and preparation. During this time our Facilitators will be on hand to offer guidance and further study materials if required.
In general, the course is aimed at anyone who requires a broader knowledge of the constituent parts of a project and who are moving towards, or already have, responsibility for projects. Specifically this would include those delegates who have previously completed the Operational or Introductory Certificate Project Management courses. It is would also suit project engineers, supervisors, and project leaders who wish to increase their knowledge of the management of projects and gain a recognised professional qualification from the Association for Project Management.
We deliver the course in the following locations: Aberdeen, Falkirk, Middlesbrough, Manchester, Humberside, Birmingham, London, Southampton and Wales. This course can also be delivered in-house at any location in the UK or overseas if required.
The APMP is a 3 hour written examination where candidates will have to undertake 10 of the 16 questions set by the APM.
A grant towards the cost of this training may be available for ECITB registered companies.