Applied Project Management - (Drilling)
5 DAY COURSE
Title:Applied Project Management (Drilling)
Duration:5 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
Applied Project Management Drilling - Course Specification
The course covers the application of sound project management principles in the management of drilling operations. It uses an integrated management approach that involves operations, personnel, administration, finance, and legal functions. The main goal of the course is to highlight the critical project management issues that are required to run drilling projects in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner. At the end of the course, participants will be familiar with the key issues and principles, how to apply them in practice and how to integrate them in the asset or project team to optimize the management of the drilling project and manage the identified risks so as to increase value.
What you will learn?
- The terms, processes, stages and documents used in the capital value process.
- Methods to assist with defining and estimating activities.
- A systematic approach to Scope Management and Work Breakdown Structures.
- How to build a WBS effectively to define the project work and coding of activities.
- Use of software estimating tools / methods to integrate estimate to work scope via WBS.
- How to incorporate estimates and plans, setting up basic project and recording progress.
- Use standard software to assist in the risk management processes
- Understand merits and disadvantages of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
- Apply risk mitigation strategies, preliminary contingency levels and critical variables.
- Understand and apply Monte Carlo methods and expected monetary outcome.
- Effectively manage cost control on the project.
- Effectively integrate risk and earned value.
How you will learn
A case study, based upon a real-world drilling project is at the core of this course. There will be brief, explanatory lectures to introduce concepts, but the emphasis of this course is very much hands-on and concerned with the application of the principles. Delegates will get the opportunity to see how the techniques work by applying them to different stages of the case study project, simulating the actual delivery of a drilling project.
The course is five days and begins at 8:30 AM. Please note that delegates may be expected to do some course work during the evenings, and earlier starts may be required on subsequent mornings.
Delegates are required to have an understanding of the principles of Project Management. It is preferable to be either PMP® qualified, or to have attended the PMP® certification course.
Who would benefit?
The program is aimed at professionals in the oil and gas industry who want to advance their knowledge of the constituent parts of a project and increase their capability for sharing and taking responsibility for major projects. Specifically this includes project and drilling engineers, supervisors, lead consultants, project and drilling supervisors, field engineers involved in drilling operations, service engineers, mud engineers, cement engineers, geologists, work over/completion engineers who aim to improve their management of drilling projects.
On completion of this course you will receive a certificate of course completion, and complimentary access to Adept’s online learning resource which contains video refreshers of course topics, quizzes, and much more.