Applied Project Management (Oil & Gas)
5 DAY COURSE
Title:Applied Project Management (Oil & Gas)
Duration:5 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
Applied Project Management Oil Gas - Course Specification
In this video Colin Balchin explains the content of the Applied Project Management Oil & Gas course.
This intensive five-day course is concerned with the application of Project Management techniques and knowledge for the effective estimating, planning, managing and control projects within the Oil and Gas industry. Using the development of an offshore oil field as a case study, the course follows the stages of the Capital Value Process (CVP), highlighting the key project management processes that need to be carried out at each stage. This captures much of the knowledge and techniques required to transform an opportunity to a revenue earning, profitable, safe and sustainable asset. The CVP is used to help large-scale projects in many industries and combined with the PMI’s BoK, provides a generally accepted ‘Best Practice’. It deals with the initial evaluation of proposed options, through to effective development of the “project execution plan”, and on to techniques to effectively monitor and control the execution phase of the project.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Contribute to the preparation of a Project Execution Plan (Project Management Plan) based on an understanding of the Capital Value Process.
- Understand the Stage Gate Review process (Gate-keeping) and its role in the project management of major capital assets.
- Understand Decision Support Packages and their contribution to Project Management performance.
- Understand the technical and non-technical (e.g. financial) issues relating to gaining project approval and funding.
- Recognise basic methods for defining and estimating activities.
- Appreciation of a systematic approach to Scope Management and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) to define and control the project work effectively.
- Recognise the value of estimating and its integration with the work scope and schedules.
- Understand the basics of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
- Appreciate risk mitigation, preliminary contingency levels and critical variables.
- Be aware of Monte Carlo methods and expected monetary outcome.
- Effectively integrate risk and earned value.
- An understanding of the main aspects of Project Management though simulated development of a project management case study.
- How you will learn
A case study, based upon a real-world project is at the core of this course. There will be brief, explanatory lectures to introduce concepts, but the emphasis of this course is very much hands-on and concerned with the application of the principles. Delegates will get the opportunity to see how the techniques work by applying them to different stages of the case study project, simulating the actual delivery of an offshore field development project.
The course is five days and begins at 8:30 AM. Please note that delegates may be expected to do some course work during the evenings, and earlier starts may be required on subsequent mornings.
Delegates are expected to have a certain amount of core Project Management knowledge prior to attending the course, such as having gained the APMP or PMP® qualification. It is not mandatory to have these qualifications, as this knowledge may have been gained by working in a project environment for about seven years.
Who would benefit?
This course is open to a wide variety of attendees in various disciplines. It will be of particular interest to those engaged in Project Management who want to convert Project Management theory into practice. This may include drilling engineers, field engineers involved in drilling operations or planning drilling programmes, service engineers, mud engineers, cement engineers, geologists, and work over and completion engineers.
On completion of this course you will receive a certificate of course completion, and complimentary access to Adept’s online learning resource which contains video refreshers of course topics, quizzes, and much more.
Delegates will gain 45 PDUs (Professional Development Units) towards PMI® PMP Certification