Contracts, Procurement & Partnering (Oil Gas)
4 DAY COURSE
Title:Contracts, Procurement & Partnering (Oil & Gas)
Duration:4 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
With the majority of projects being carried out as a contract it is becoming increasingly important to ensure that the performance of the contract is managed correctly. Just leaving the contract to happen doesn't work - the contract must be managed on an on-going basis. Failure to do so leads to quality being compromised, clauses falling into disuse (or even misuse) and disputes and claims proliferating. Most activities that are out sourced tend to be contracted for 3-5 years with options to extend for further years, so it is vital that the promised results are delivered throughout the life of the contract.
The course is aimed at anyone in the project team who requires a greater understanding of how the topic of contracts and procurement impacts on the project environment. This can include project managers, project engineers, in fact any of the project team roles who may not be directly involved in contracts and procurement, but require to interface effectively with the contract and procurement function as part of their day to day work.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the contractual aspects of project management and continue to improve their own contribution to the project team performance.
- Understand the strategic aspects of contract type selection.
- Understand the various issues involved in the Tendering process
- Be aware of the main types of contract and how a contract is formed
- Understand the different elements of contract administration
- Appreciate some of the main legal aspects of industrial contracts.
- Appreciate the role of Partnering, Benchmarking and Alliances in effectively managing business process
- Gain greater confidence in negotiating contract issues through learning the skills of negotiation
The course is four days and begins at 8:30 AM. Please note that delegates should expect to continue working on the course during the evenings, and earlier starts may be required on subsequent mornings.