5 DAY COURSE
Duration:5 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
Drilling Management - Course Specification
This specialised workshop will develop and improve the delegates’ performance as they work through many scenarios and assignments in a case study of drilling management, using best practice tools, templates, techniques and processes, and team working. It is about managing and controlling complex drilling activities in the oil and gas industry and demonstrates how to manage profitable, safe and sustainable drilling programs in oil and gas, using a generally accepted ‘Best Practice’, and will include:
- Using software to simulate drilling the new well from a prepared program of raw project data
- Developing a drilling program, with mentoring and coaching for drilling supervision and engineering
- Handling exceptions to the program and active execution of management of change
- Integrating with Field Development Planning for Directional Drilling and Deviated Wells
Using software to simulate drilling the new well from a prepared program of raw project data Developing a drilling program, with mentoring and coaching for drilling supervision and engineering Handling exceptions to the program and active execution of management of change Integrating with Field Development Planning for Directional Drilling and Deviated Wells
What you will learn?
- Appreciate requirements for improving Drilling Well Design
- Complete an extensive Drilling Management program in a team-based simulation
- Analyse critical project data set and improve knowledge of Drilling Execution Roles
- Gain improved integrity, safety and quality from structured Drilling Supervision
- Improve performance and understanding of Drilling Operations and Supervision
- Increased awareness of Drilling Engineering, Mud Engineering and the coordination of Directional Drilling
- How to deliver certainty and integrity in well drilling programs using Simulation
- Improve well control in exploration wells; and well control equipment and design
- Gain an understanding of the main aspects of Drilling Management though simulated development of a drilling case study.
How you will learn
A real-world drilling program is central to this workshop. The lectures review and explain concepts, but the emphasis is the hands-on, practical application of drilling management principles. Delegates will see the techniques at work in different stages, simulating the actual delivery of the drilling program.
The course is five days.
Delegates are expected to have seven or more years of drilling experience and knowledge prior to attending the course.
Who would benefit?
This workshop is suitable and valuable for a delegates from drilling disciplines, particularly those seeking improvements to their performance. Delegates who will benefit from the workshop include drilling engineers, field engineers involved in drilling operations or planning drilling programmes, service engineers, mud engineers, cement engineers, geologists, and work over and completion engineers.
On completion of this course delegates will receive a certificate of course completion, and optional access to Adept’s online learning resources which contains video refreshers of course topics, quizzes, and much more.