PMI Weekend Bootcamp: PMP Course and Certification
2 DAY COURSE (2 day + 2 day Weekend Course)
Title:PMI Weekend Boot Camp
Duration:2 + 2 (4 day course over 2 weekends)
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
PMI ® Weekend Boot Camp
These bootcamps have been created to give delegates the opportunity to pass the PMP certification from PMI. The boot camps are held at our offices in Aberdeen on the dates detailed below. There are two weekend sessions and delegates will be given work to submit to a facilitator in between these sessions. This work will then be returned to the delegates after it’s been marked. After the course, a number of online PMI-style tests will be open for access, allowing delegates to prepare for the four-hour PMP multiple choice exam.
The course days run from 8am until 6pm with sessions including a combination of case studies, group exercises, interactive discussions, instructor lectures and the exam preparation.
After the first weekend, additional exercises will be given, along with both paper and online exam questions, to be completed during the week. The facilitators will be on hand to contact for any extra help or questions outside of the sessions.
Once delegates are ready to sit the PMP exam, they will be given assistance to fill out the application form. Refreshments, lunch and parking are all provided but places are limited so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
What is PMI?
The Project Management Institute (PMI) has half a million members and credential holders in over 180 countries. It is one of the world’s biggest professional membership associations and is not-for-profit. Its aim is to advance the profession of project management through globally recognised certifications and standards, an extensive research programme, professional development opportunities and collaborative communities.
Project Management Professional (PMP®)
The Project Management Professional® (PMP) credential from the PMI is the most important certification for project managers that is recognised by the industry. It is demanded and recognised globally and having the credential demonstrated that you have the right education, experience and competency to lead and direct projects effectively. According to the PMI Salary Survey – Sixth Edition, the PMP credential can increase salaries by up to ten per cent.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise and interpret the agreed objectives for the project.
- Understand the phases of a project and the roles of a project manager.
- Carry out a project appraisal and identify that the project will meet its objectives.
- Identify and assess major and minor risk factors that can affect the achievement of objectives for the project.
- Understand the contribution of improved project planning and control to the project management performance of a company.
- Understand Success Factors and Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
- Effectively simulate assembling and building a team to complete a project.
- Identify and analyse areas of their own leadership skills that need to be enhanced for effective project management.
- Specify and understand the implementation process for systematically monitoring and controlling the identified risks.
- Commence preparation of portfolio evidence and collection of competence.
- Understand the BoK and prepare for PMI's Certification programme.