PMI Project Management Professional Certification
5 DAY COURSE
Title:PMI® Project Management Professional Certification
Duration:5 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
This is an intensive course that takes place over five days. It gives a comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the knowledge and key skills that are necessary for effective project management, as detailed in PMI’s ‘Body Of Knowledge’. The course consists of a combination of facilitated lectures, interactive sessions and practical exercises in which delegates will be able to bring up their own concerns as well as contribute their own personal experiences of working on projects.
Problems that may occur in the real working environment are demonstrated by using examples from the real world, while delegates are encouraged to add to their learning experience by thinking about their own past personal situations. Delegates will enhance their personal skills by working as part of a team to develop case studies. These case studies will then be linked to various topics and disciplines.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise and interpret the agreed objectives for the project.
- Understand the phases of a project and the roles of a project manager.
- Carry out a project appraisal and identify that the project will meet its objectives.
- Identify and assess major and minor risk factors that can affect the achievement of objectives for the project.
- Understand the contribution of improved project planning and control to the project management performance of a company.
- Understand Success Factors and Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
- Effectively simulate assembling and building a team to complete a project.
- Identify and analyse areas of their own leadership skills that need to be enhanced for effective project management.
- Specify and understand the implementation process for systematically monitoring and controlling the identified risks.
- Commence preparation of portfolio evidence and collection of competence.
- Understand the BoK and be able to prepare for PMI's Certification programme.
- Have the means to arrange a structured personal and professional development plan put in place.
The course is five days and begins at 8:30 AM on the 1st day, and thereafter at 8:00 AM.
The course has been designed for people who are looking to get a wider knowledge of the key parts of a project and who have had, or are looking to have, responsibility for projects. Delegates who have already completed the Operational Project Management course will find this course suitable, as well project leaders, project engineers and supervisors who are looking to increase their project management knowledge.
Although there are no mandatory pre-requisites for candidates, the PMP certification mandates the following prior to sitting the exam:
- Bachelors degree, 4500hrs + project management experience, 35 hours of formal project management training (satisfied by this course) or
- High-school diploma, 7500hrs + project management experience, 35 hours of formal project management training (satisfied by this course)
On completion of the course candidates should contact the PMI to arrange to sit the PMP® examination at one of their testing centres. The exam is a closed book exam where candidates will complete 200 multiple choice questions within 4 hours.
"PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc."
"PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc."