Risk Analysis & Management
4 DAY COURSE
Title:Risk Analysis & Management
Duration:4 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
The course is concerned with examining and applying qualitative and quantitative risk analysis techniques used in the Best Practice assessment of uncertainties in a project-based enterprise. Uncertainty is inherent in all projects and particularly in the aspects of technical, financial, schedule, legal and quality performance. Project Risk Analysis is a body of expertise focused on the systematic and comprehensive analysis of the uncertainty in projects and project based operations.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the project risk management process and improve their contribution to the project performance.
- Improve the quality of risk management in projects, recognising its role in the facilitation of improved business decisions.
- Assess and document uncertainties that can affect the achievement of objectives for the project.
- Evaluate options for mitigating unwanted uncertainty.
- Develop project-specific risk mitigation action plans.
- Monitor uncertainties and review the effectiveness of measures for controlling them.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness in the project team and draft RAM requirements in company or project.
- Assess the economics and financial viability of projects on a risk-adjusted basis.
The course is four days and begins at 9:00 AM. Please note that delegates should expect to continue working on the course during the evenings, and earlier starts may be required on subsequent mornings.
Delegates are required to have an understanding of Monitoring and Control, and a basic grasp of MS Excel and Project. This course is for experienced project practitioners.
This course is delivered in classroom style using worked examples and case studies. It can also be delivered to teams who want to develop the first cut risk analysis of a specific project. It gives participants the opportunity to develop Best Practice solutions for their own projects, which can become a deliverable of the workshop.