Strategic Project Management
5 DAY COURSE
Title:Strategic Project Management
Duration:5 day Course
|No courses currently planned, please contact us for further information.|
All UK courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
Non-UK customers - Online payment is only accepted in £ GBP and charged at the prevailing rate of UK VAT.
This highly intensive 5-day course combines theory and practice of key skills in a programme to develop and improve performance in a Project Management team. Personnel working in the oil and gas industry will in many cases be called upon to construct a Project Execution Plan and make a bid for funds to conduct a project. This course provides delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve this by following the key stages of a simulated large-scale project.
The workshop will include more detailed sessions on individual VIPs – depending on the solution to the case study that is developed by the teams. The stage gates will use simplified versions of Decision Support Packages to assist teams’ purpose in taking and winning decisions in the simulation of the Capital Value Process. In addition, the course format enables them to consider and solve the strategic issues relevant to projects and their performance for organisations.
What you will learn?
- Develop and use the project execution plan to win, measure & control a project.
- Understand Value Improvement Practices and how they may be used.
- Appreciate how Risk and Sensitivity Analysis is developed and used.
- Understand Decision Support Packages and their contribution.
- Develop and use contract and procurement strategy to improve the performance of the project and business.
- Understand how the Stage Gate Review (Gate-keeping) is developed and used in the project management process.
- Prepare a Project Execution Plan (aka Project Management Plan) based on an understanding of the Capital Value Process.
- Relevant issues relating to gaining project approval and funding.
- Understand how Value Management & Value Engineering can be used.
- Use Constructability practices to improve efficiency.
- Develop and present a Project Execution Plan to a Stage Gate Review.
How you will learn
The principles are reviewed and reinforced through a combination of interactive exercises linked to the development of a major case study. Delegates apply what they learn in this realistic preparation of a project execution plan. At the end of the course, delegates are required to present their project execution plan simulating the project team asking for funds to develop the project.
The course is five days.
Delegates are expected to have a certain amount of core Project Management knowledge, such as having gained the APMP or PMP qualification. It is not mandatory to have these qualifications, as this knowledge may have been gained by working in a project environment for about seven years.
Who would benefit?
The course is aimed at those who have previously attended the Applied Project management course, and also those who wish to gain exposure to more advanced techniques. Also suitable for drilling engineers, field engineers involved in drilling operations, service, mud, and cement engineers, geologists, and work over and completion engineers.
On completion of this course you will receive a certificate of course completion, and complimentary access to Adept’s online learning resource which contains video refreshers of course topics, quizzes, and much more. Delegates will gain 45 PDUs (Professional Development Units) towards PMI® PMP Certification.